IaPELRA members are professionals working in municipal, county and state government and school districts who represent management in labor relations. Some members are also attorneys and private consultants serving government management exclusively.
The professional mix found in IaPELRA provides a unique opportunity for the exchange of perspectives, information and skills in the field of public sector labor relations.
As a member of IaPELRA, not only will you be able to draw from a vast pool of resources, you will have the opportunity to contribute as well. No one knows too little to belong and all our members are striving to know more. Through our various conferences and newsletters you will have the opportunity to meet, and discuss issues of mutual concern, share ideas and benefit from the experiences of a wide range of public sector representatives. IaPELRA also provides a key professional link to the national organization, NPELRA.
Don't pass up this opportunity to join your peers in the State of Iowa. A minimal investment will benefit you, your elected officials and the taxpayers of Iowa.
This membership also entitles you to membership in the National Public Employers Labor Relations Association (NPELRA).
In addition to the opportunity to interact with your fellow professionals, IaPELRA membership will make available to you and your jurisdiction:
• A professional state and national newsletter;
• Periodic alerts concerning recent decisions of the courts and the Public Employment Relations Board;
• Legislative bill analysis;
• Regular meetings to exchange information and discuss recent settlements, bargaining trends, negotiating strategies
and tactics and other topics of mutual concern;
• Exchange of information about factfinders and arbitrators;
• Periodic seminars dealing with subjects of interest to members; and
• A membership roster listing the names, titles, addresses and telephone numbers of all members in the state.
This rapidly expanding organization continues to add more services and programs for its membership. Through laPELRA's publications and conferences members learn the latest information and techniques in all aspects of labor relations affecting the public sector in the State of Iowa, including:
• State of Iowa court decisions and legal trends
• State laws affecting negotiations
• Trends in union organization
• Negotiating strategy
• Innovative new contract language
• Recent contract settlements
• Specialized data
• Job vacancies
• Recent appointments in the labor relations field
• Key arbitration decisions
• News of specialized training seminars
• News of NPELRA activities
• and much more information in areas of concern to public sector managers in the State of Iowa
Membership is open to the State of Iowa, county and municipal governments, school districts and attorneys and consultants who represent management exclusively.
Annual dues are $200, which covers National and State dues. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!