The mission of the National Public Employer Labor Relations Association is to provide the highest standard of excellence in assisting and representing government in the area of labor relations. Much Smarter Bargaining is the pinnacle of that mission. For employers with a represented workforce, the terms of your collective bargaining agreements will establish the rules for what you can do, what you can’t do, and how much money your unit of government will spend on employment costs for years to come.
Of course, the devil is in the details. By highlighting and discussing the positive and negative aspects of hundreds of actual contract clauses, this book can help you flush out those details and become a more efficient negotiator.
Much Smarter Bargaining includes the following important features:
- New chapters on “Preparing For Bargaining” and “The Scope of the Duty To Bargain.”
- New chapters on hiring, staffing, solicitation, and many others.
- An analysis of hundreds of sample bargaining clauses from existing contracts, highlighting the good, the bad, and the ugly, with virtually all clauses negotiated since the year 2000.
- Updated bargaining clauses, to reflect lessons learned as a result of the Great Recession.
- Over 100 pages devoted to “Negotiation Issues Unique To Educational Employers,” covering topics such as Teacher Evaluations, Academic Freedom, Tenure, Class Size, Wages, Intellectual Property, Workload, and Discipline and Discharge.
The attorneys who contributed to this book collectively have over 200 years of experience in labor relations and collective bargaining. Together, they have advised and negotiated hundreds of contracts from coast-to-coast, state, local, and federal government.
National PELRA's latest publication was authored by the law firm of Clark Baird Smith, LLP and co-edited by R. Theodore Clark Jr., and Benjamin Gehrt.
Members cost $249.00 (+ shipping and tax where applicable)
Non-Member cost $499.00 (+ shipping and tax where applicable)
To order your copy today >> CLICK HERE