Learn about CLRP Academy Courses.
Congratulations on completing the three National PELRA Labor Relations Academies! You have already invested in your professional development and now you are ready to complete the requirements for the national certification as a Labor Relations Professional (CLRP®).
National PELRA offers elective academies that focus on specific issues within the public-sector Labor Relations and Human Resources profession.
National PELRA’s Recertification Program for Certified Labor Relations Professionals (CLRP®) is an ongoing certification process to encourage participants to seek continued professional growth and development.
You are required to fill out this form to verify your attendance at the 3 Academies before you take your final exam or write your final paper for certification.
CLRP®: Certified Labor Relations Professional
National PELRA's Labor Relations Academy Certification Program is an innovative teaching program designed for public sector Labor Relations and Human Resources professionals who are seeking additional training.
National PELRA has developed a choice for those working towards earning their CLRP® certification! The final step now includes the option of taking a multiple-choice exam or writing a paper. Either option is available to participants that have completed Academy I, II, and III.
Write a Labor Relations Paper
The paper is due after the completion of all three Academy programs. The CLRP® paper must be at least 6 and no more than 12 pages single-spaced, or at least 12 and no more than 24 pages double-spaced.
- Submit verification form
- Topic/outline will be reviewed by committee
- Notification of topic/outline approval
- Prepare/write paper. Prior to submitting paper, work with your Essay Review Panel to review and comment. Revise and rewrite. Proofread.
- Submit draft of paper
- Paper will be then reviewed by the Academy Essay Review Committee
- You will receive recognition of approval, or notice to revise and resubmit (repeat process as needed until approved by Committee)
- Receive certification of CLRP®, which begins your three-year certification period.
Taking the CLRP® Exam
The CLRP® exam is offered online.
- Submit your registration online. You will be asked to provide the date and location of each Academy attended.
- Academy attendance will be verified
- Further detail will be provided to you in advance of the CLRP® exam
- Take the exam
- After the exam, you will receive notice of a pass/fail
- If you pass, you will receive your CLRP® certification which begins your three-year certification period
Please email us for the CLRP® Exam link and proctor information.
Benefits of CLRP® Certification
The Certified Labor Relations Professional (CLRP®) certification was designed for anyone who wants to:
- Include this impressive, prestigious and highly sought after certification on a resume
- Understand the basics of labor/management relations
- Be prepared to negotiate a comprehensive labor agreement
- Understand the arbitration process
- Refresh and update his or her skills
- Broaden their knowledge of labor relations
Benefits of National PELRA's CLRP® Certification Program:
- Increases your value to your employer
- Raises your professional standards
- Demonstrates commitment to public sector Labor Relations/Human Resources profession
- Identifies you as the public sector Labor Relations/Human Resources professional most capable of meeting emerging challenges
Not A Member? Submit Your Membership!
While attending the Labor Relations Academies you can also earn HRCI and SHRM credit hours!
- Member: $175
- Non-Member: $350
National PELRA's Recertification Program for Certified Labor Relations Professional (CLRP®) is an ongoing certification process to encourage participants to seek professional growth and development. As a national organization designed for public sector Labor Relations and Human Resources professionals, we support continual learning throughout our careers.
Ongoing professional development improves the organization and skills of our members. To promote continued learning, we have developed a recertification program. Through professional development, leadership, research and day-to-day work, participants earn credits to maintain their certification.
Read more about CLRP® Recertification (PDF).